The Stockholm International Water Institute and its Sponsors and Partners participating in the SIWI Water Tank (collectively referred to as “SIWI WATER TANK SPONSORS”, “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.watertank.se (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any of the SIWI Water Tank Sponsors or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13:
Our Website is NOT intended for children under 15 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 15, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website including (i) information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (”personal information”); (ii) information that is about you but individually does not identify you; and (iii) information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
Information Collected Directly From You
The information we collect on or through our Website may include information directly from you such as the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or posting material. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
The information we collect on or through our Website also includes information automatically collected as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these automatic collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the SIWI Water Tank Sponsors, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information:
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to present our Website and its contents to you; to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us; to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices; to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
Disclosure of Your Information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of any of the SIWI WATER TANK SPONSORS’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information:
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Or visit us:
Stockholm International Water Institute
Box 101 87
100 55 Stockholm